Wednesday, June 30, 2010

One, Two, Three; Done!

The appointments are over this week! WOO HOO!!!! I'll breif you on the week. :)
Monday was a follow up appointment with her e.n.t. Her ear tubes are still in problems! We don't have to go back for a year. Great news...although if I got to pick which doctors we saw more often her e.n.t. would be one of them. He is gentle, kind, and affirming of us. But none the less it's nice to think we will be seeing less of doctors.
Tuesday was the MRI. We had to be there early, so we were all up around 4 a.m. YUCK! It went very smoothly, and Abigail did great. The only major set back from the day was that since her MRI was early in the morning; we were done before McDonald's served french fries. Our 22 month old does not understand that concept, nor were breakfast french fries quite cutting it. :)
We also decided that since it was so early we would go to the world's largest children's museum afterwards. Indianapolis has an awesome children's museum that we get a huge discount the three of us were able to go for two dollars. Abigail loved the "noo noos"(trains) and that she got to sit on one. There were lots of other fun things too. We then came home and everybody took a big nap.

Playing in the water table

Sitting on the "noo noo"
Another "noo noo". :)
Today was Abigail's allergist appointment. Although overall I would have to say it went just fine, it was a long and stressful day. I definately didn't enjoy the 15 pokes my kiddo got, but they all came back negative (although we have to wait two weeks on a follow up test for peanuts because of a previous reaction). I think I was irritated that she had to be poked so many times for what turned out to be nothing, and that it took almost three hours for the total appointment.
Abigail is sleeping now though, and it's all over. Praise the Lord. I thought I would leave you with some more personal thoughts on all the chaos of the week.
While lying in bed last night I couldn't help but think of how thankful I am. I am thankful that I even get the oppurtunity to be a mama. I am thankful for a daughter who takes everything in stride. I am extrememly thankful that we live within an hour of a wonderful children's hospital. I am thankful for a husband who can easily rearrange a work schedule to go with us to the MRI. I was also thankful for coming home to him hanging clothes on the line and finishing dinner tonight.
Obviously we could still get not great news about the MRI, or it could come back fine. For now though; we are going to move forward with life as normal. We will update you when we know more.

Sighing in relief,

1 comment:

  1. So glad you got through that tough week - and I thought that we had it hard with our tough July coming up (1 specialist each week every week in July plus a 2 day trip to NY to see more specialists!). I saw a saying "you never know how strong you are until you have no other choice" so true. Praying for a good report on the MRI!