Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I feel good


One of the millions of reasons we should try to find a cure for Neurofibromatosis.


This isn't meant to be boastful. I am doing much less than others. However, ever since this NF thing has come into our lives I have wanted to do something, anything to be proactive. I have spent time talking to other parents, other patients of NF, researching NF, and the list goes on. I have tried to think of what I could do to make this "better."
In the grand scheme of things there is nothing I can do. However there are a couple of organizations that do research to find treatments and hopefully some day a cure for NF. I have gone back and forth with wanting to do a fundraiser of some sort. I have decided to go for it. If I raise one hundred dollars and it helps to fund a very small amount of research, it will be worth it. I need to do something so that I feel hopeful about the future for my daughter.
So today I took my first step. I live in the same town that Garfield was started in. Jim Davis has a studio here. So in learning that www.NFinc.org has what's called National Doodle Day I decided I would do something. I called and asked if they could send a drawing. The drawings are auctioned on e-bay in May (national NF awareness month) and the money is used to fund research. Okay this was a small step since all I had to do was make a phone call and send a few e-mails. However it feels good. I want to help.
I don't know tons of famous people who can send drawings, but I have other things I can do. I am hoping to do some much bigger fundraisers here locally. I am hoping to make this disorder known in my town, county, and even state.
So for anyone reading this who knows someone famous or is interested in bidding on a drawing of a famous person you can check out http://www.doodledayusa.org/index.php .
Also if you are interested in donating money to one of the organizations anonymously or in honor of Abigail you can go to http://www.nfinc.org/ or http://www.ctf.org/.


Thanks for once again reading my rambling thoughts for the moment,

No comments:

Post a Comment