Saturday, January 30, 2010

Oh what a night...


It was not late December or in '63. However it was a night. Abigail has another stinking cold. *Sigh* Yesterday her coughing became a little more wheezy asthma sounding. So we started the extra breathing treatments. I never get to scared. Although asthma is probably a big deal, in the realm of medical stuff for Abigail it seems small. It's not anything that has ever greatly worried me.
However at a little before 4 a.m. this morning Jason and I woke up to Abigail's non-stop coughing and wheezing. I gave her a breathing treatment that "helped" in the sense that she would have a thirty second break in between coughing and wheezing fits. So I called the pulmanologist on call. Soon after we started breathing treatment number two and prayed that it worked...I did not want to end up in the e.r.
It worked. She was still coughing, but the wheezing was gone. It was the first time that her asthma has been scary to me. It's never been something I woke up to in the middle of the night. It's kept me from going to sleep, but this was much scarier.
Today has been just as full of breathing treatments, coughing and wheezing. So even though Abigail is in bed I am prepared for another long night ahead. It was nice to go about three weeks with Abigail not being sick. Hopefully we still can avoid the doctor's office for a little while longer.
However we could all use some prayers for wellness, relief from breathing trouble for Abigail, and rest, and patience for mama and papa. I appreciate all of you who read this regularly, pray for us, and encourage me as we walk through life with a little girl that brings much joy to our lives.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment