Thursday, December 10, 2009

Waiting on...


Mama, Papa, Abigail, and Monkey

And so we wait. We are at a month of a fever ranging from 100-101. Abigail's only other symptom is swollen lymph nodes. We have noticed a few other things that may be related, but am not sure. I have patiently waited through numerous doctors appointments and maybe it could be's....


However we are passed the point of it being a virus (as well as she has no other symptoms of a virus) and on round three of antibiotic that isn't touching the fever. So when the second urine test came back clear I decided to be the crazy mom. I said can we do some blood work. I may be off, but shouldn't we start ruling out some bigger things. The doctor agreed. I think she was thinking the same thing already...I just said it first.


So today we went for blood work. We ended up taking a stool sample too...because of possible blood in it. I know that probably makes some of you a little squeamish. So the testing went okay. Abigail screamed through it, but they had to poke her three times and everyone thought she was cute so there were like 5 phlobotomist standing there.


Now we have a three to five day wait. I don't like the wait. I keep going over all of the possibilities of what it might be...over and over and over and over. I feel somewhat relieved to be getting either some answers or ruling things out. It's nice to be on that road finally, but also somewhat fearful of getting some answers.


Waiting is hard. House's staff never takes that long on television to get blood test results back. Apparently though we aren't on an hour long sitcom. This is real life. So we could use some prayers for peace...as always. And answers. And hope.





Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12





So we wait here, praying, trusting, and hoping in the mighty God that we serve.

1 comment: