Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Jason and Andrea sitting in a tree....


My very hot husband!

I often write about Abigail. She is after all what took over our lives in the last year and a half. However I wanted to veer a little from that. You see despite the fact that we love her immensely we existed before her, and will continue to be an us after she grows up and begins pursuing her own things in life. So I thought I would write about the us. Well maybe more about the him part of the us.
Jason and I were friends for a year before we started dating. We dated for almost three years total before we were married. We have been married for 5-1/2 years. If you add that all up we have known each other for 9-1/2 years. He has been my best friend through some of the hardest things I've ever experienced.
I won't share all of the things he walked with me through, but for some reason today the memory of a night in college came back. In the beginning of my sophomore year I ended up in the E.R. two night in a row because of this uncontrollable twitching. The doctors didn't seem to know what was going on. Jason was there for both E.R. visits. He sang to me and prayed with me. There was a few days between the trips and an appointment with a neurologist. During that time I was still twitching so I couldn't carry a lunch tray, missed classes and a lot of various other activities became hard or in need of a buddy. We had been dating for a month. I was certain he would walk away because seriously who wants to date a crazy girl who looks like she is doing some sort of crazy dance moves all the time.
So after I went to the neurologist I was diagnosed with a rare seizure disorder. From there I had to do a test where I stayed up all night. I DO NOT pull all nighters. NEVER! This was my only one, and had it been up to me I would have slept. I like sleep. I don't know why people choose to stay up late.
Anyway I had a myriad of friends who offered their house (since I lived in a dorm with a roommate) and took shifts hanging out with me. When Jason came he brought me string cheese, Dr. Pepper and my favorite very cheesy romantic movie. These were my three favorite things at that time in my life. It was one of the sweetest things ever.



When Jason and I were engaged and first married everyone told us those sweet romantic feeling would go away. That we too would just be another married couple some day. I refused to believe them. Guess what. The feelings didn't go away. Even on really bad days there is still this part of me that can't believe I married such a hottie! Seriously how did I end up with him. Beyond his good looks though he is still kind and loving and caring. I am still madly in love with him!
I love snuggling on the couch, holding his hand, laughing together (which we do all the time), going on dates, and about a million other things that we do. I feel so blessed to have a wonderful, hard working, very good looking, intelligent, compassionate, and hilarious, best friend and husband. So I thought I would let all of you know that I am madly in love with Jason Adam Mann!

2 comments:

  1. It's great to be in love even after all these years! (We are, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the love!!!

    Adrienne (NF Forum)

    ReplyDelete