Friday, March 8, 2013

clap, clap, clap, your hands.

with every kid who has ever been in my care (i used to be a daycare teacher, i have nannied, and now i have kids of my own, so there's more than you might think) i have sung this song, 'clap, clap, clap, your hands.  clap your hands together. (repeat) clap a little faster now, clap along with me.  (repeat) clap a little slower now, clap along with me. (repeat) bacy to verse one.  then you clap softer and louder.  higher and lower.  so on and so forth.
i have sung it with shilo, and taken her hands and clapped them.  but last night i spent a little bit working with her, and yelling clap at her left ear (she can hear a small amount of loud noises in that ear).  i was successful.
i have two awesome rockstar little girls.

1 comment:

  1. I did a very similar song with my children and no do the song with the baby sitting baby that I watch. After clapping the hands a few times I switch to feet and I hold their legs and clap their feet together just saying 'clap your feet together...'

    I love that song!

    ReplyDelete